Thursday, December 17, 2009

Edmonton International and WBX tournament

The Edmonton International starts tonight and finishes Monday.  My prediction is that GM Josh Friedel will be the winner.  Top Albertan will be a toss up between IM Proper and Eric Hansen but I will go with Hansen.  I'll go out on a limb and pick young Keith MacKinnon to be the top Saskatchewan player. 

In conjunction with the international, the annual WBX (weekend before Christmas) team tournament will also occur.  I may as well pick a winner here to.  As there is no Sask teams this year (as far as I know) I will pick the Wang brothers team (if they are able to find a third).  If they don't get a team then my second choice is Vlad's Rekhson's team.

I may be able to take in some of the games on Sunday as I will to be in Edmonton for my daughter's swimming competition.

No comments: